Now, don't get me wrong, there's a lot to love about this week, with plans afoot with friends and family, but right here, right now, it just seems as though I've an awful lot of hoops to jump through first. You know when you feel really overwhelmed, and there's so much to do, that you don't actually know where to start? Yeah, that...which is why I'm stalling and writing a blog post instead!
But I thought that maybe if I wrote it all down, I'd get a better handle on things, so here it is in no particular order.
- Prepare and host a meal for friends-About 24 adults and kids in all, but I'm keeping it real and doing a chilli. (thanks Roisin!)
- Go to Argos to return stuff and buy more stuff for the caravilla.
- Go to Ikea to return stuff and buy more stuff for the caravilla.
- Make short videos of the kids and upload them for Mad Blog Awards website.
- Write a blog post or maybe even two.
- Meet a good friend with our collective 9 offspring for a day in the park.
- Organise haircuts for the 4 boys.
- Have a night out with a few really good friends that I haven't seen in a while ...(and don't drink too much wine because I don't have time for a hangover.)
- Get my eyebrows waxed and eyelashes tinted. (otherwise I look odd).
- Go shopping with my mum for a 'mother of the bride' outfit- (However, as this is only Wedding Shopping Phase One, it goes without saying that no decisions or purchases will be made at the time.)
- Prepare and host our girl's 13th birthday party - it will be afternoon tea at ours with my talented beautician cousin Olivia Mc Loughlin coming to do her nails and those of her pals. (And obviously, yours truly's as well- in fact, leopard print is being sourced AS WE SPEAK!.) Unsurprisingly, on getting wind of the cake eating and beautifying going on that day, my mum, sister in law and sister have now cleared their diaries to be here too. (Note to self- buy more scones- yes I KNOW I should make them but I DONT HAVE THE TIME!)
- Buy groceries (and wine!) for a week at the caravilla.
- Pack vittles and clothes for seven for a week at the caravilla.
- Arrive at the caravilla and collapse....then drink wine, read, sip lattes and blog.
- So there you go- my week ahead in a nutshell . How about yours? Are you hitting the ground running this week or taking a chill pill? Make me jealous- go on!